Victim Quick Response Program (VQRP+) provides timely financial assistance to eligible individuals who have been victimized by violent crime (homicide, attempted murder, serious physical assault, domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, voyeurism, child abuse, criminal harrassment, and hate crime) and/or their family members as well as witnesses.
Specific objectives of the program are:
To help individuals who have been victimized by violent crime who require immediate financial assistance that cannot be obtained through other sources. These services include:
- Counselling—short-term early intervention to help victims of serious crimes reduce the impact of the crime and recover from their experience;
- Funeral expenses for homicide victims;
- Emergency home repairs to secure premises for victim’s safety,
- Emergency child and/or dependent care
- Emergency transportation
- Crime scene clean-up
- Emergency accommodation, basic needs, and meals when no other alternatives are available
- Serious Injury Supports
- To encourage the individual who has been victimized and who is ineligible for VQRP to connect with appropriate community resources.